Monday, May 14, 2012

First Look: Ashton Kutcher As Steve Jobs



Back in early April we learned that actor Ashton Kutcher nabbed the coveted role of the late Steve Jobs in a biopic about his life. Today we get our first look at Kutcher as Jobs on the set of the film, tentatively titledSteve Jobs: Get Inspired. As was noted before, Ashton does bear a striking resmeblence to the young Steve Jobs but many people have voiced their concerns that Kutcher may not be the right person to portray theApple genius. I can’t say I’m convinced either. Nonetheless, the film is now in production … and Ashton is hard at work on the Jobs.

Wearing a black turtleneck, jeans and New Balance sneakers, Ashton Kutcher was spotted in full character as Steve Jobs as he made his way to the set of the late Apple CEO’s biopic in L.A. on Friday. The 34-year-old “Two and a Half Men” star plays the visionary businessman during his younger years in a movie tentatively titled “Jobs: Get Inspired.” While Kutcher definitely looks the part, it remains to be seen if he can nail the role of a complicated man — part hippie, part driven businessman, part brilliant, and part crazy.
Yes, he looks the part but, again, it remains to be seen if he has the acting ability to do Jobs‘s life story justice. I have the Steve Jobs biography on my Amazon Kindle but I’ve yet to read it (I have a ton of books to get thru these days). I have friends who love the bio very much and have told me many surprising things about the man himself. I’m really curious FIRST to read the book then see this film. As I said, I don’t have a lot of faith inKutcher‘s acting ability at this point but … I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
[Photo credit: Pacific Coast NewsSource]


Love Ya Bunches

No comments:

Post a Comment