Thursday, September 22, 2011

Lady Gaga: I'm Meeting Obama Over Anti-Gay Bullying Suicides



Gaga_obama
Lady Gaga tweeted today that she's meeting with President Obama following the suicide of gay 14-year-old teen Jamey Rodemeyer, who killed himself last weekend after what his parents said was years of bullying.

Said Gaga in another tweet: "The past days I've spent reflecting, crying, and yelling. I have so much anger. It is hard to feel love when cruelty takes someones life."

RodemeyerRodemeyer offered thanks to Gaga in an emotional "It Gets Better" video he recorded earlier this year in which he talked about the bullying he was enduring.
Said Rodemeyer in the video: "Lady Gaga, she makes me so happy. She lets me know that I was born this way, and that's my advice to you, from her, and all you have to do is hold your head up, and you'll go far."
Rodemeyer's mother, Tracy, told CBS News:
"It really just started with all the boys, cause all the girls just loved him and they always defended him, but all the boys would say, 'Geez you're such a girl. Why are you hanging out with all those girls? What are you, a girl? Oh, you must be gay'...The bullies now are still walking around. They get to wake up tomorrow and go to school and see all their friends, but my son will not be given a second chance no matter how much I have prayed. I would have given my own life to turn back the minute we seen him."
CBS News adds:
Tracy Rodemeyer will bury her son in a t-shirt with a message of acceptance and defiance. It reads simply: "Born this way."



Love Ya Bunches

No comments:

Post a Comment