Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Anne Hathaway Talks Her "Wonderful" Marriage and "Stressing" Over Weight


Anne Hathaway graces the cover of Glamour's January 2013 issue. She's kicking off the New Year by raising awareness for violence against women with One Billion Rising, a movement founded by Eve Ensler that aims to get one billion people out in the streets dancing on Feb. 14. While Anne's focused on her charitable work, she's also in the middle of a busy press tour for Les MisĂ©rables, which opens on Christmas Day. Anne talked to Eve about her involvement in the organization, her movie star status, and being a newlywed with husband Adam Shulman. Here's more from Anne Hathaway in Glamour:
  • On marriage: "It's wonderful. I feel like I've found my other half, and I'm so excited about getting to love him for the rest of our lives. I would never have gotten married if it weren't for him. You have to want to be married to someone. You have to feel that reciprocated. Marriage for marriage's sake doesn't make any sense to me, and I found someone with whom I could put my money where my mouth is, I guess. He's a good man. He's beyond intelligent. He loves fearlessly. His beliefs are beautiful. He's my best friend. I love him. I just feel that I have the greatest husband in the world for me."
  • On being happy: "There's no magic bullet; there's no pill that you take that makes everything great and makes you happy all the time. I'm letting go of those expectations, and that's opening me up to moments of transcendent bliss. But I still feel the stress over 'Am I thin enough? Am I too thin? Is my body the right shape?' There's an obsessive quality to it that I thought I would've grown out of by now. It's an ongoing source of shame for me."
  • On using her fame for good: "At this stage in my life - and this moment will not last forever - me walking my dog is news. And because I take very seriously the idea that I can make an impact in the world, I hold back my voice so I can make more of an impact when I do use it. A cause like One Billion Rising is something I want to scream about, and I want you to take that scream seriously because I don't fall out of nightclubs. I don't have photographers capture me spending untold amounts on a handbag. Of course, in the court of celebrity, if you try to be serious, you may look like a fool. In One Billion Rising you have activists and thinkers and 'celebrities.' But I'm an actress. The celebrity thing just happened."


Love Ya Bunches

No comments:

Post a Comment