Monday, December 3, 2012

Anne Hathaway: Women ‘get pressure to define ourselves by how wild we are’


Anne Hathaway
Anne Hathaway covers the January issue of Glamour to promote Les Miserables and that Oscar that she really wants. Well, maybe she doesn’t try so hard this time around for that shiny hunk of metal wrapped in 24-carat gold plating. This is Glamour, by the way, and not some industry magazine. So here, Anne pushes clothing and her growing-out hair by looking playful in a Monrow tank and Clover Canyon brief bottoms. She then wears a dreadfully bright yellow Alexander McQueen dress in the editorial. Also, instead of talking about her starvation diet for Les Mis, Anne discusses how she prepared for The Dark Knight Rises. Actually, this interview is kind of dull when one considers that these are the portions that have been released thus far. The interview was actually conducted by author Eve Ensler (The Vagina Monologues), so it’s rather surprising that the discussion turned out so dry. Here are some excerpts:
Anne Hathaway
She won’t shop until 2013: “I looked at my life when I was on my honeymoon, which was gorgeous, and I thought, I need nothing. I’m not buying myself a single thing for the rest of this year.”
She’s a competitive actress: “I like to fight for a job. You feel like you’ve emerged from the scrap, and you’re like, ‘OK, this one’s mine. Did it. Done.’”
Females get a raw deal: “We get pressure to define ourselves as women by how wild we are: How many guys did you sleep with? How drunk did you get?”
On memories: “When I think back to some of the most fun nights in my life, it was just me out dancing.”
On training for The Dark Knight Rises: “I don’t go the soy-meat route; I have a really plant-based diet. So I wind up cooking at home a lot. Kale is amazing. Spelt [a kind of wheat] pasta is amazing. I can’t do the white-flour stuff. It makes me really ill.”
[From Glamour]
There’s not too much to grab onto here, but I guess the best thing to discuss is how Anne feels like the female identity is far too tied into the number of dudes one bangs while drunk. I think she’s saying that she never caved to the pressure or something, but it’s a very confusing statement to interpret (as far as Anne’s motivation goes) without knowing the context of what she and Eve Ensler were actually discussing. Anne has always maintained a very wholesome image, and she even managed to extricate herself from con-man boyfriend Raffaello Follieri relatively unscathed. So I think she’s mostly genuine in her good-girl image, or she’s just got a really good PR team.
Cute pictures. Shame about this awful yellow McQueen dress.
Anne Hathaway
Anne Hathaway
Anne Hathaway
Photos courtesy of Glamour
anne0 anne1 anne2 anne3 anne4


Love Ya Bunches

No comments:

Post a Comment