Thursday, June 30, 2011

MSNBC's Mark Halperin Suspended for Crude Obama Quip

via Towleroad News #gay by Andy Towle on 6/30/11

Halperin

MSNBC pundit Mark Halperin has been suspended indefinitely following remarks he made on Morning Joe this morning regarding President Obama, which he was goaded into saying by the hosts.

Said MSNBC in a statement:

Mark Halperin's comments this morning were completely inappropriate and unacceptable. We apologize to the President, The White House and all of our viewers. We strive for a high level of discourse and comments like these have no place on our air.  Therefore, Mark will be suspended indefinitely from his role as an analyst.

Halperin agreed:

I completely agree with everything in MSNBC's statement about my remark. I believe that the step they are taking in response is totally appropriate. Again, I want to offer a heartfelt and profound apology to the President, to my MSNBC colleagues, and to the viewers. My remark was unacceptable, and I deeply regret it.


No comments:

Post a Comment