Thursday, June 9, 2011

CHAD ALLEN Talks to Nathan Manske About His Dad's Coming Out

via Best Gay News Magazine by Gay Travel and Gay News on 6/9/11

FEAR OF
      THE UNKNOWN.

That is what scare's people. We are quick to judge, fear and even hate the unknown. We may not admit it, but we are all plagued with xenophobic tendencies.

Many people who fear or hate gay people, usually don't know any. And even once they know someone gay, like a parent finding out about their gay child, they will live "in the closet" in fear and shame!  Until they reach  the stage of acceptance and get over their fears!

I remember years ago, I wanted my grandmother to come to my committment ceremony with my partner.  My mother was still adjusting to the idea I was gay. She refused me to invite my grandmother, saying it would break her heart and  just kill her.

Years later  my mother  "came out". And quit hiding. And started telling everyone I was gay! My grandmother said she knew I was gay, and had heard about my ceremony, and was HURT, she was not invited. I said, "Go talk to your daughter!"

NATHAN MANSKE is in California this week covering the 10th annual AIDS LifeCycle and collecting  stories and to help document this amazing and emotional journey.

He talked with actor CHAD ALLEN, who tells a great story about the relationship between him and his dad.

WATCH THE VIDEO NOW

And  during this Pride Month, remember, fear is that of the unknown.

CELEBRATE DIVERSITY!

No comments:

Post a Comment