Thursday, November 29, 2012

Katy Perry admits to getting help from spanx: does this make you like her more?


Katy Perry
Here are some photos (that we never got around to posting) of Katy Perry performing at the America Forward event in October. As you can see, she’s wearing one of her infamous rubber dresses that always make me feel terribly uncomfortable. It’s not the revealing, hugging nature of these dresses themselves that make me cringe, but I just imagine that she must be boiling underneath because her skin can’t breathe. It just can’t be healthy, and Katy probably peels these things off as soon as possible. Or maybe she likes it. Kinky.
Anyway, I’ve always thought that Katy was fortunate enough (or must literally work her ass off) to have the body to wear these outfits in the first place. Not so much, as Katy revealed the other night on the red carpet of the Snowflake Ball. Katy was wearing this semi-transparent dress, which prevented her from indulging in her favorite accessory, Spanx. Then she started talking about how fat she felt at that very moment. It seems like an odd thing to talk about to a journo, right?
Katy Perry
Katy Perry has been called “The First Lady of Hot” by Maxim, but she doesn’t always feel worthy of the title.
Us Weekly caught up with the “Part of Me” singer at the Nov. 28 UNICEF Snowflake Ball in New York City, where she and other celebs including Selena Gomez, Uma Thurman, Tony Bennett and Kelly Ripa walked the blue carpet and helped raise money for UNICEF’S lifesaving children’s programs.
The pop star, 28, was stunning in a tight, floor-length, semi-sheer navy Naeem Khan dress with a matching cape, Guiseppi Zanotti heels, a Judith Leiber clutch, and Lorraine Schwartz jewels — but she admitted she didn’t feel as good as others thought she looked.
“I feel like my [fat] is sticking out so bad right now,” she confided in Us at the bash. “I almost always wear [Spanx], but not tonight, and I feel it pushing out, making me look fat.”
“I like to say I run on the elliptical for 30 minutes watching CNN, but I don’t do it often enough,” she added. “So I’m just like, ‘Oh, I guess I’m not fitting into this Lanvin dress for these couple of months.’”
Perry may not always love her curves, but plenty of other people do — including on-again boyfriend John Mayer, who recently accompanied the singer on a romantic tour of the Old Mission in her hometown of Santa Barbara, Calif. The two have also been spotted packing on the PDA at several Hollywood hot spots.
“They were in their own world,” a guest at Perry’s October birthday bash told Us of the couple, who reunited in September after briefly separating in August. “She didn’t even talk to her friends much. It was just her and John. She’s obsessed with him.”
[From Us Weekly]
Even though Katy generally irritates me, I have to admit that it’s refreshing for her to admit to having a little hidden wardrobe help … although she does sort of excuse herself by admitting she’s sometimes too lazy to exercise. Here’s what I want from a celebrity — someone who will admit that they work out all the time and still have some problem areas. Because that’s something that happens in the real world. Even though I run anywhere between 25-30 miles per week, keep a relatively healthy diet, and am at a target weight, there’s still that sneaky thigh cellulite problem. So yeah, I appreciate that Katy is acknowledging getting some help from Spanx. Does this make me like her just a little bit more? Maybe.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
Photos courtesy of Fame/Flynet and WENN



Love Ya Bunches

No comments:

Post a Comment