Friday, July 15, 2011

First Look: The New Off-Broadway Production Of ‘Rent’ Is Featured In ‘Vanity Fair’ Magazine


La Vie Bohème, Again

Rent is back on Broadway … well, off-Broadway but … you know what I mean. After an amazingly successful 12-year run on Broadway (and many successful touring productions both here in the US and abroad), Rent is settling down again in NYC with an all new production, an all new cast and all of the SAME music that we all know and love. Vanity Fair magazine was given access to a dress rehearsal performance and they share some photos, which you can see below.
A new set! New costumes! Up close and personal with Roger and Mimi! VF.com has a first look at a redesigned production of Jonathan Larson’s Rent, which returns to N.Y.C.’s New World Stages after its groundbreaking 12-year Broadway run. Director Michael Greif, who also helmed the original Broadway and Off Broadway productions, has a creative team that has transformed the beloved story of a group of young artists in New York’s East Village. So blare the Rent soundtrack, and take a sneak peek at the already electric dress rehearsal.
Rent is, without a doubt, one of my all-time fave musicals of all time. I’ve seen it well over 50 times and I am really excited to see this all new NY production again. I already have my tix to see Rent in NYC early next month so I’m really looking forward to seeing the show again. The last production of the show I saw was here in LA at the Hollywood Bowl. That performance, while fun, wasn’t great. These photos have me really amped to see the show as it was meant to be seen … in New York City. Don’t these photos look rad? Any Rentheads in the hiz? Any plans to see this new production?

No comments:

Post a Comment